I was tagged by a fellow blogger (Peggy Lusk at http://abundance-by-design.com/2012/i-was-tagged-by-a-blogger/) to let the world know more about me and tag several of my favorite blogs to do the same. This should be a lot of fun; and a good way to get to know more about some of the people behind these blogs.
First the rules: (Should you choose to play ♥ )
- Post rules
- Answer the question your taggers sent you, or create new ones, the choice is yours.
- Tag eleven people
- Tell these people they have been tagged
Now here is the fun bit. I was given a long list of questions; and I’m going to attempt to answer all of them…
So here goes …
- What gets you out of bed each day? I’m certainly not a morning person, but I have horses who are waiting to eat…
- If an alien landed on earth, what would your top tip ‘for living here’ be? Communicate and let people get to know you. Share your stories. Be understanding of people’s fears and concerns, and try not to be intimidating. Try to understand and accept our culture, even if it is different from yours.
- What is your ‘happy song’? Anything uplifting. Hard to pick just one. I do like country the most though (and yes, there are uplifting country songs, LOL).
- Do you have a special place real or imagined? Real: In the barn with my horses. Imagined: My own farm with my horses. 🙂
- What childhood fable, fairy tale or movie stretched your imagination and sticks with you today? Bambi was always my favorite.
- What is your idea of a perfect evening?Just relaxation with nothing to worry about.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up? As a little kid, I wanted to be a nurse, a hair dresser (my mom was a hair dresser) and a bank manager (my dad was a bank manager). As I grew older, I wanted to be a veterinarian, and I ended up working as a veterinary assistant for seven years.
- What is your favorite type of movie? Comedy.
- If you won the lottery would you tell anyone? Ooh, that’s a good question. It would be hard to keep it a secret, but it would really make life difficult if everyone knew. People would be constantly after you to share with them or be trying to scam you.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be? I’d have to give that some more thought. It would have to be some place with interesting history and great tourist areas. Even better, somewhere that has a lot of natural metaphysical and healing energy.
- Do you believe in Destiny? Of course. Everything happens for a reason, although we have free will to make choices. In the bigger picture, it all works out the way it is supposed to.
- What do you tell yourself to get through painful, difficult, or challenging times? Everything will be okay. This too shall pass.
- What can you look back on and remind yourself you were successful at or were strong enough to come through? I can look back at issues I have had with previous horses and how we overcame them to reach success in the show ring (which is what I have to keep reminding myself of now with my new, young horse). I look back to the time I broke my neck in a car accident. That was an experience I will never forget, but I got through it and it didn’t slow me down for too long. I look back on how far I have come since I first started my business, and how I have grown professionally and personally during that time.
- Look around you at this moment and choose one thing to smile about or be thankful for. The pictures of my horses… my horses are my life and always make me smile.
- If you could do anything at this moment to make yourself happy, what would it be? Meditate, work in my garden, play with my horses.
- What is your favorite form of art and artist (anyone and anything you consider art qualifies)? I’m really not that into art. Music would be the closest.
- Do you have a personal anthem, a song that reminds you of who you are and want to be, that represents the ideal of you? No song in particular.
- What did you experience while answering these questions? Some frustration at trying to come up with answers!
- If you were a color, what would you be? Purple or burgundy.
- If you were a brand name, what would you be? I have no idea.
- If you were a car, what would you be? Again, I have no idea. I currently drive an Echo and like it, so we’ll say an Echo.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? As much as I love horses, I don’t think I would want to be one! Maybe a cat. They live interesting lives at times. Mine sure lives a luxurious and spoiled life!
- If you could live abroad anywhere, where would you live? I wouldn’t mind visiting abroad, but I’m happy living where I am.
- If you could re-live one super-special moment in your life, which would it be? Ummm, when I got my first horse.
- If you could re-live one tricky moment and do it differently, which would it be? Let’s not open that can of worms! There are lots of things I would do differently.
- Putting all these answers together, are you surprised by who you’ve turned out to be? No, not really.
- What will you do tomorrow to be more of who you are and who you’d ideally like to be? Stay open-minded. Keep allowing myself to grow and experience new things. Believe in myself.
- Who is your favorite philosopher? I don’t think I have one….
- What is your favorite number? Well, 9 has always been a significant number to me. Lately 11 has been lucky, and 222 and 313 show up for me a lot.
- What are your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter URLs?
- What is your favorite time of day? Afternoon, if it’s not too hot.
- What is your favorite vacation? Exhibition with my horse. Beach.
- What is your favorite physical activity? Riding my horses. 🙂
- What’s your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Water. Cranberry juice.
- What’s your favorite flower? Dandelion? Flowers are pretty, but I don’t pay too much attention to kinds of flowers. If they have medicinal properties, that makes them more appealing to me.
- What is your passion? Learning new and interesting things, working with my horses, using natural medicine, growing my organic garden, living simply.
Now I have to tag 11 people who have blogs that I enjoy. I am not expecting you all to answer all these questions. You can choose 11 questions, choose them all or just totally ignore them. For those of you who are reading this, I wont give more information about each of these bloggers. I encourage you to go to their websites to learn more about them.
1. http://www.armedwithhealth.com/blog.html (Health Coach)
2. http://www.lorettasmith.com/ (SimplyHealed Practitioner – energy therapy)
3. http://brilliantnext.com/ (Career Coach)
4. http://soltisconsulting1.wordpress.com/ (Business and Computer Consultant)
5. http://www.marymjoyce.com/resourcesqueen/ (Life Purpose Coach)
6. http://livethepromisedlife.wordpress.com/ (Life Purpose and Relationship Coach)
8. http://www.lighthousevisionary.com/blog/blog (Small business solutions and consulting)
9. http://lonetreecoach.blogspot.ca/ (Personal Growth and Transition Coach)
10. http://lifeadvicethecoachingway.blogspot.ca/ (Life Coach)
Do you have anymore questions you would like to ask me?